When: 8 November 2018, 8:00 – 12:00 EST (UTC – 5)
This training aims to build the capacity of advisers/consultants, to support water utilities in both emerging and developed economies in their transition to carbon neutrality through measures that are economically viable.
The training focuses on the use of the Energy Performance and Carbon Emissions Assessment and Monitoring (ECAM) tool and implementing the WaCCliM Roadmap.
– Understanding overall global climate change context and GHG emissions sources within the urban water cycle.
– Apply web-based ECAM tool to assess and monitor baseline GHG emissions and identify opportunities for reduction.
– Understand and be able to explain to others the WaCCliM approach and use of the ECAM tool.
What’s in it for you?
– Professional development by becoming a recognised low-carbon utility advisor.
– Opportunity to enhance your knowledge and skills with the ECAM-Tool comprehensive approach, open-access tools and technical solutions.
– Potential future opportunity to advise water utilities as part of consulting services paid by the utility or project parties.
– Be recognized as a potential trainer for utility managers, technical staff, decision makers from cities and climate community.
– Connect to the emerging low-carbon markets. Networking with other professionals with similar interests.
This training and the ECAM Tool were developed within the WaCCliM project which is part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). The German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) supports this initiative on the basis of a decision adopted by the German Bundestag.
See detailed agenda here.