There are some major changes that have been applied to the user interface of ECAM in order to make it more user-friendly and easy-to-use:
- Landing page: From here, you can easily “Start your assessment” to evaluate your utility’s energy performance or CO2 footprint. Further, you can activiate “Tips for new users” to include pop-ups that guide you through the tool. The new navigation bar is placed on the top and includes the pages: Home, Configuration, Inventory, Results, Compare assessments and More.
- Configuration: ECAM provides now the possibility to manage and edit several assessments in the tool at the same time. The complete set of assessments, e.g. the evaluation of the greenhouse gas emissions of one utility for different years can then be saved in one JSON file.
- In addition, you can load a saved JSON file to continue your assessment or you can merge different JSON files into one file by using the button “Append to current list”
- Another novelty is the function “Load assessment from Excel file“.
- Download ECAM input template.
- Fill out template file.
- Upload filled file.
- Inventory: To evaluate your CO2 footprint or energy performance, you must insert the required input data for the systems (Water supply and Sanitation) and respective stages (Abstraction, Treatment, Distribution, Collection, Treatment and Onsite sanitation) that you would like to assess.
- Fecal sludge management: Users who worked with the fecal sludge management (FSM) component in ECAM 2.2 might have realized that major changes have been applied here. Now, FSM falls under “Onsite sanitation”. The inputs almost completely remained the same.